Learn how to make classic Caesar salad. This Caesar salad is made with homemade croutons, homemade Caesar salad dressing and parmesan cheese. Make this salad for your friends and family and impress them with this restaurant style salad.
Full printable recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Classic-Caesar-Salad-Recipe
More salad recipes:
Best Broccoli Salad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvWtb5e-D4s
Healthy Chicken Salad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voHVFxMnMDw
Avocado and Eggs Salad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r927p5J_qss
Healthy Avocado and Tuna Salad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUl2-L4gYsU
The Cooking Foodie Shop: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/
For the croutons:
1/2 Baguette, cut into cubes
2-3 tablespoons Olive oil
1 teaspoon Garlic powder (optional)
For the dressing:
2 Garlic cloves,
4 Anchovy fillets
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard/yellow mustard
2 Egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup (120ml) Olive oil/canola oil or combination of both
2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
For the salad:
1 Romaine lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
2. Make the croutons: in a large bowl place baguette chunks, season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil. Mix well and spread on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy. Set aside
4. Make the dressing: on a cutting board, chop the garlic and anchovies into a paste.
5. Transfer garlic paste and anchovy paste into a large bowl. Add Dijon mustard, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt, whisk until combined.
6. While constantly whisking, gradually pour in the oil. Keep whisking until thick and smooth. Add grated parmesan and whisk. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
7. Assembly the salad: Rinse and dry and the romaine lettuce. Then, cut or tear into bite-sized pieces. Place into a large bowl.
8. Add the croutons and parmesan shavings. Spread the dressing around the edges of the bowl (as shown in the video) and toss the salad to combine using tongs. Add more parmesan cheese and serve.