Chocolate Guinness Cake
#chocolate #guinness #cake
*Chocolate Guinness Cake Recipe.*
• Prep Time: 15 mins.
• Cook Time: 45 mins.
• Total Time: 1 hour.
• 1 cake of 10 slices.
_For the Guinness Chocolate Cake:_
• 1¼ cup (275g/9½ oz) Melted Butter.
• ¾ cup + 1 tbsp (200ml/6.76 floz) Guinness Stout.
• ¾ cup + 2 tbsp (175g/6oz ) Brown Sugar.
• ¾ cup + 2 tbsp (175g/6oz) Caster Sugar.
• ½ cup + 1 tbsp (65g/2oz) Cocoa Powder.
• ½ cup (150ml/5.07fl oz) Sour Cream.
• 3 Medium Eggs.
• 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract.
• 1½ cups + 3 tbsp (275g/9½ oz) Plain/All Purpose Flour.
• 2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda/Baking Soda.
• Pinch of Salt.
_For The Cream Cheese topping:_
• 1¼ cup + 1 tbsp (300g/10 ½oz) Full Fat Cream Cheese
• 1 cup + 3 tbsp (175g/7oz) Icing Sugar.
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract.
• ¼ cup + 3 tbsp (100ml/3.38 floz) Double Cream.
• Ice Cream
• Whipped Cream
1. Preheat the oven to the following temperatures.
• 160°C/320°F [Fan Oven]
• 180°C/360°F [No-Fan]
• Gas Mark 4.
2. Line the base and sides of an 8" inch round loose-bottom cake tin.
3. For the chocolate Guinness cake: In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, Guinness, brown & white sugar and cocoa powder.
4. Add in the sour cream, vanilla extract and whisked eggs and mix until fully combined.
5. Sieve in the plain/all-purpose flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and fold into the mixture.
6. Pour into a lined 8-inch round tin and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
7. When baked, allow it to cool for 15 minutes in the tin before cooling completely on a wire rack.
_For the cream cheese topping._
1. Mix together full-fat cream cheese and icing sugar until soft.
2. Add in the vanilla extract and cream and mix until thick.
3. Spoon the cream cheese topping on top of the cake and speak it right out to the edges.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Mmm Scrummy!!!
If you have any questions about this recipe, please leave a comment and I will reply ASAP. I try to help everyone.
Happy Baking Everyone!