Chicken Divan is full of savory chicken, creamy sauce, and the most amazing butter cracker topping. It is a family favorite casserole that is super easy to make!
• 2 cups stuffing, prepared to package instructions
• 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
• 2 cups (approx. 2 pounds) chicken, cooked, cubed, or shredded lightly
• 4 tablespoons salted butter
• 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 cup sour cream
• ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
• 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
•1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
• 2 teaspoons dried parsley
• 2 teaspoons onion powder
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 2 teaspoons black pepper
• 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese , divided
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
• 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
• 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1️⃣ Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9×13 pan or 3 1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2️⃣Spread the cooked stuffing out over the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Top with steamed broccoli florets and cooked chicken.
1️⃣ Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, sprinkle in the flour and continuously stir until well combined and the mixture turns a deep golden color.
2️⃣ Pour in chicken broth, heavy cream and sour cream. Stir until all ingredients are smooth and simmering. Reduce the heat to low.
3️⃣ Add lemon juice, granulated garlic, mustard, parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add in 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Remove from heat
4️⃣ Add in the mayonnaise and stir until well combined. Pour sauce over the chicken layer.
1️⃣ Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese on top of the sauce layer.
2️⃣ In a small bowl, stir together crushed Ritz crackers with melted butter. Add in the 2 teaspoons of garlic powder to the mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle in an even layer over the top of the casserole.
3️⃣ Bake the casserole at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Serve hot!