Looking for dinner inspiration? Watch this video 👆🏽 to find out how to make a cheesy boerie pasta bake 🧀🙌🏽 The easiest, cheesiest pasta bake with an iconic South African twist! 🇿🇦
🛎 Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
1 packet (500g) Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Penne Rigate Pasta Quills
½ cup Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise
1 tin (410g) cream style sweetcorn
½ cup piquanté peppers, chopped
2 cups cooked and sliced boerewors
1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a large pot of salted boiling water, add the Fatti’s & Moni’s Penne Rigate Pasta Quills. Cook until the pasta is al denté. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then strain. *Chef’s Tip: Use leftover pasta instead, if preferred!
3. In a 30x20cm baking dish, add the strained pasta, the reserved cup of pasta water, Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise, sweetcorn, piquanté peppers and the sliced boerewors and mix until well combined. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, swap the boerewors for any cooked protein of your choice!
4. Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and slightly browned.
5. Remove the baking dish from the oven and garnish with freshly chopped chives. Serve with a seasonal side salad and ENJOY!
Psssst! Want to join our community of Foodies learning to cook & bake?
Join our Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook and see our recipes being made by Foodies like you all over SA 🇿🇦 And you can share your FOSA recipe creations there too 👇🏽