Watch this video 👆🏽 to find out how to make 5-ingredient chakalaka & pilchard fritters 😍💯 These fritters are a tasty new way to make use of pilchards, chakalaka & pantry staple ingredients. This is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser and it is easy to make – win, win!🤩
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 30 minutes
1 tin (400g) Lucky Star Pilchards in Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 tin (410g) Lucky Star Chakalaka Mild & Spicy
2 large eggs, whisked
1¼ cup (141g) self-raising flour
2 cups (300g) grated potatoes
½ cup (63g) grated cheese (optional)
1. Add the pilchards from the Lucky Star Pilchards in Sweet Chilli Sauce tin to a large mixing bowl and lightly shred with a fork. Keep the Sweet Chilli Sauce aside for later use. *Chef’s Tip: The pilchards can be deboned if preferred!
2. Add the Lucky Star Chakalaka Mild & Spicy, whisked eggs, self-raising flour, grated potatoes and cheese, if using. Mix together until combined.
3. Heat a large lightly greased pan over medium heat.
4. Spoon 3-4 portions of the fritter mixture into the frying pan.
5. Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and crispy. Repeat with the rest.
6. In a small bowl, mix the leftover sweet chilli sauce from the Lucky Star tin with ½ cup of mayonnaise until combined.
7. Serve the fritters on a platter with the sweet chilli mayo dipping sauce on the side. Garnish the fritters with chopped parsley, serve with some lemon wedges and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa
#ad #fritters #pilchards #paidpartnership