ORDER YOUR COOKBOOKS, MERCH, & SUSHI MASTERCLASS HERE:
LEARN HOW TO MAKE A VELVETY CARROT MISO SOUP RECIPE TODAY!
LAY HO LAY HO (how’s it going in Cantonese)! This sweet and umami packed soup is surely a crowd pleaser when craving that comforting dish. Join me in this episode and learn how to make a velvety carrot and miso soup recipe today!
4 pieces garlic
medium piece ginger
1 cup leek
2+1 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup coconut cream
4 cups water
85g king oyster mushrooms
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup chickpea miso paste
1/2 tsp crushed chili flakes
1. Roughly chop the garlic and ginger. Slice the carrots. Finely chop the apple and 1 cup worth of leek. Dice the tomato
2. Heat up a stock pot or sauté pan to medium heat. Add 2 tbsp avocado oil followed by the garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2-3min
3. Add the leeks and sauté for 2-3min. Add the carrots and apple. Sauté for another 2-3min. Add the cumin, cayenne pepper, sweet paprika, turmeric, and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté for a couple of minutes
4. Add the tomatoes and sauté for another couple of minutes. Add the coconut cream and give the pan a good stir
5. Add the water and give the pan a good stir. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil. Then, turn the heat to medium and cover and cook for 15-20min
6. In the meantime, chop the broccolini into bite sized pieces and thinly slice the king oyster mushrooms
7. Heat up a nonstick pan to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp avocado oil followed by the broccolini and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for about 5-8min to get some nice colour
8. Carefully transfer the soup to a high powered blender. Blend on high until completely smooth. Then, pour the soup back into the pan
9. Add the maple syrup and chickpea miso paste. Stir the soup well to dissolve the miso paste
10. Plate the soup and add the sautéed veggies as toppings. Sprinkle over some crushed chili flakes to serve
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @yeungmancooking
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/yeungmancooking.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: