Recipe for an easy basque cheesecake made in a 15cm mold.
Autumn brings a handsome craving for dusty treats and fragrant sweets.
The cheesecake is made with roasted green tea, which is brewed thickly and then added as milk tea to enhance the roasted green tea’s savory aroma.
15 g roasted green tea
80 g water
200 ml heavy cream
400g cream cheese
90 g sugar
2 whole eggs
▷How to make:
- Combine roasted green tea and water in a saucepan and boil over low heat for 2 minutes. Add heavy cream and allow to cool.
- Mix the cream cheese with the sugar, then add the whole eggs one at a time.
- Add the heavy cream from (1) above, while straining the tea leaves, and mix until blended.
- Line a baking pan with a cookie sheet, pour in the batter, and bake in a preheated oven at 230℃ for 20-25 minutes. The center of the cake should shake when baked.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate overnight.