Banana Oatmeal Cookies made with good things like oats, flax seeds, coconut, honey, and decadent little chocolate chips. A perfect prep-ahead fall snack!
I truly want you to have these cookies in your life, so I kept the effort level very minimal. Made in one bowl. Bake in 15 minutes so you barely have to wait.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yields: 12 cookies
———————————- RECIPE ————————————
- 1 cup quick oats (100g) or ground a little rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (55g)
- 1/4 cup grounded flax seeds (40g)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (125g)
- 1/4 cup honey (80g) or any liquid sweetener
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (75g) or nut/seed butter of choice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grounded vanilla or vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (45g) (or chopped walnuts/pecans would be good too!)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mash banana. Add nut butter, honey, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add oats, coconut, grounded flax seeds, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir until combined into a sticky dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls (about 1-1.5 tbsp of dough per cookie). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press to flatten slightly. Top with chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F, or until the bottom edges are golden brown.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week, or freeze for longer storage.