These Skillet Baked Oats are ultra chewy and loaded with flavour. They’re packed with oats, nut butter, and dark chocolate, and are made with better-for-you, wholesome ingredients. They’re perfect with ice cream 🍨
Prep Time 5minutes
Bake Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 mini skillet (~6 inch)
———————————- RECIPE ————————————
- 1 cup (93g) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (32g) oat flour (finely ground oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (80g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 medium (100g) banana
- 1/3 cup (63g) sugar (feel free to reduce sugar by half)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (90g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (160 C). Grease 2 mini skillets (6 inch). Or line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mash banana with a fork.
- Beat with 2 eggs, salt, vanilla and sugar.
- Add peanut butter, stir until smooth.
- Add oats and flour, stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set at the edges (it will look slightly wet in the center, but as long as it doesn’t jiggle it’s done).
- Allow to cool to comfort temperature. Eat warm with vanilla ice cream 🙂
- OAT FLOUR: To make oat flour, place old fashioned or quick oats in a blender and pulse until they resemble flour. Measure after blending to make sure you have the right amount.