Baked cassatine: delicious and irresistible!
510g (4 cups) of all-purpose flour
210g (1 cup) of butter
210g (1 cup) of sugar
1 lemon (zest)
1 egg yolk
A pinch of salt
300g (1 1/4 cups) of ricotta
150g (3/4 cup) of sugar
1. In a mixing bowl add the flour and butter and mix with your fingers. Add the sugar, lemon (zest), eggs, egg yolk, vanilla essence, and salt, and mix well.
2. When the dough starts to form knead it with your hands to obtain a well-combined dough. Wrap it in cling film and transfer it to the fridge for 1 hour.
3. In a bowl add the ricotta and sugar and mix well. Transfer to the fridge for 6 hours, or overnight.
4. After time has elapsed mix the ricotta with the immersion blender to obtain the smooth mass. Add the chocolate chips and mix with a spatula.
5. Roll out the shortcrust pastry to a thickness of half a cm and with a round pastry cup of about 10 cm cut the shapes.
6. Line each slot of the muffin mold with the shortcrust pastry up to the edge. Put some crumbled biscuits on the bottom and add two tablespoons of ricotta. Finally, add some crumbled biscuits.
7. From the rest of the shortcrust pastry, cut out other disks of the right size to cover the causative. Seal the edges and press with your fingers to close them well.
8. Transfer the castings to the oven and bake at 180°C/360°F for 40 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven, let it cool completely, and remove the small baked cassata from the mold. Decorate with powdered sugar and serve.
‘Cookist’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
Subscribe to Cookist: http://cooki.st/LaxZR
Enjoy with us: http://cooki.st/U93B4
For any content use please feel free to contact
Cookist wow’s second cookbook is here! 😍
Buy it on Amazon to discover the 50 easiest and most delicious recipes ever + 16 exclusive recipes you can’t miss out on 👉 https://cooki.st/togetherisbetter