Chicken with cashew nuts is a popular dish of Asian cuisine. That’s easy to cook it and cooking time amounts just 20-25 minutes. What’s the secret of unique taste of this dish? Of course, it is a proportion and combination of ingredients. Chicken with cashew is served with rice or veggies, for lunch or dinner or even as a main dish for a holiday table.
Thank you for watching us!
• chicken breast – 2 lb / 900 g
• fried cashew nuts – 3 oz / 100 g
• scallion – 5 stems
• salt – 1 tsp
• ground black pepper – 1 tsp
• vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
• rice vinegar – 3 tbsp
• soy sauce – 3 tbsp
• teriyaki sauce – 7 tbsp
• sesame oil – 1 tbsp
• corn starch – 1 tsp
• water – 2 fl oz / 50 ml
You will need:
• cutting board
1. Cut the chicken into small pieces.
2. Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, fry the chicken in two parts for 3 minutes over high heat taking out the first part into a bowl.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add the part of fried chicken back into the pan, then rice vinegar, soy sauce, ground black pepper, salt, teriyaki sauce, nuts and sesame oil.
4. Combine the corn starch and water, pour into the pan, stir and cook for a half of minute.
5. Switch off and sprinkle the chicken and cashew with chopped scallion