7ml (1 1/2 tsp) of lemon (juice)
25g (2 tbsp) of sugar
2 tsp of cinnamon
200g (1 cup) of light brown sugar
70g (3/4 cup) of rolled oats
90g (3/4 cup) of all-purpose flour
A pinch of salt
115g (1/2 cup) of butter
Vanilla ice cream
1. Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes. Transfer to the bowl.
2. In a bowl with apples add granulated sugar, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and lemon juice. Stir to combine everything well.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter. Use a fork to cut the butter into the oat mixture until the mixture resembled pea-sized crumbs.
4. Transfer the apples to the baking dish (20x20cm – baking dish size) and spread the topping over the apples, and gently pat to even it out.
5. Bake in the oven at 180°C/360°F for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
6. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel.
‘Cookist’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
Subscribe to Cookist: http://cooki.st/LaxZR
Enjoy with us: http://cooki.st/U93B4
For any content use please feel free to contact
Cookist’s cookbook with our 50 best recipes is finally here!
Buy it on Amazon: https://cooki.st/ourCookbook