These Chocolate Chip Cookies are HEALTHY, REFINED SUGAR FREE, DAIRY FREE and SUPER EASY. These cookies do not taste like an oat brick. In fact, they don’t even taste like they’re healthy at all.
Ingredients (7 large cookies):
1/2 cup tahini (120g) -OR- peanut butter
1/3 cup honey (60g) -OR- maples syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste/ extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup (100g) oat flour -OR- grind 1 cup rolled oats
3 oz (100g) dark chocolate (dairy free), chopped
1/3 cup (50g) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the tahini, egg, honey and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Add in the oat flour, salt, cinnamon and mix until everything comes together.
- If your batter is super super runny, add one more tablespoon of oat flour. And if it is too thick, add in a tablespoon of tahini. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add chopped chocolate and walnuts
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the batter onto the lined baking sheet.
- Form 7 balls. Flatten the cookies slightly with your palm.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or UNTIL THE EDGES ARE GOLDEN BROWN. The middle of the cookies should still be pretty raw. Do NOT over bake, you want them to be chewy and gooey in the middle.
- Let cool completely on the rack.
- Sprinkle with Sea salt