This easy bran recipe is packed with fibre, fruits, and loads of flavour! There’s no going back once you’ve tried these no-bake cereal bars! These healthier snacks are great as anytime nibbles, on-the-go breakfasts, and fruity lunchbox treats! Who could say no to cereal bars made with bran, peanut butter, dried fruit, and a dash of coconut? Not us, that’s for sure 😉
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
⅓ cup honey
¼ cup (57g) margarine
3 cups Kellogg’s® All-Bran Flakes
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Line a 20cm square baking dish with baking paper and grease with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large heatproof bowl, combine the peanut butter and margarine. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until a silky consistency is achieved.
3. In a plastic resealable bag, place the Kellogg’s® All-Bran Flakes and lightly bash with a rolling pin to form coarse crumbs.
4. Add the crushed Kellogg’s® All-Bran Flakes, coconut , honey and dried cranberries, if using, to the melted peanut butter mixture. Stir until well combined. *Chef’s Tip: Replace the dried cranberries with your favourite chopped dried fruit!
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and press the mixture down firmly.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour until firm and set.
7. Once set, carefully remove the mixture by lifting the edges of the baking paper. Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 rectangular bars.
8. Top with mixed berries and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa