Your favourite Nestlé peppermint crisp & tex hot chocolate is back with a bang! This dessert only uses 5 ingredients and is so simple to make! The perfect treat to enjoy on a cosy night in! YUM!
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp cornflour
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups low-fat milk
3 sachets Nestlé Peppermint Crisp Flavoured or Nestlé Tex Flavoured Hot Chocolate, plus extra for garnish
Store-bought whipped cream
1. Whisk the cornflour, egg yolks, vanilla essence and milk together in a medium-sized pot. *Chef’s Tip: Use the egg whites to make our cheat’s chocolate macarons!
2. Sprinkle your preferred Nestlé Peppermint Crisp or Tex Flavoured Hot Chocolate Powder into the mixture, while stirring and place the pot onto the stovetop.
3. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat for about 5-6 minutes, stirring continuously. It is important that the milk doesn’t start boiling. *Chef’s Tip: Use a whisk to prevent lumps from forming.
4. Once the custard has thickened and is smooth, pour the custard into the cups, until their ¾ -way mark is reached. *Chef’s Tip The custard should coat the back of a spoon when the perfect thickness is reached.
5. Set the cups aside to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes before transferring them to the fridge for a further 10 minutes.
6. When ready to serve, squeeze some store-bought cream onto each cup. For the peppermint, cups, garnish with fresh mint or the Tex flavoured cups with a piece of wafer biscuit and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa
#ad #paidpartnership #custardrecipe #hotchocolate #easydessert