5-Ingredient Choco-Nana Split
Easter-feasting is here Foodie fam! These 5-ingredient Choco-nana splits are the things dreams are made of. Minimal ingredients and super easy to make this is a showstopper. A super easy no-churn ice cream in frozen into Cadbury Easter egg halves. We can’t wait to see you make these!
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
2 (150g each) Cadbury Hollow Eggs with Astros
1 cup cream
½ tin (193g) condensed milk
5 Cadbury Creme Eggs
2 small bananas
1. Place a sharp knife into a tall glass filled with hot water for about 5 minutes. Dry your knife and carefully cut the Cadbury Hollow Eggs with Astros down the centre seam. Arrange the 4 cut egg halves in a freezer safe dish. Place a dish towel underneath to keep the eggs from moving. Save ½ the Astro’s for later! *Chef’s Tip: Heat and dry your knife between each cut.
2. In a chilled bowl, whip the cream with an electric handheld mixer until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Gently fold the condensed milk through the whipped cream, until just combined.
4. Chop the Cadbury Creme Eggs into equal sized chunks and carefully fold the chunks and ½ the Astro’s through the condensed milk ice cream mixture.
5. Pour the ice cream mixture into each half of the Cadbury Hollow Eggs, filling until full. Freeze the filled chocolate egg halves overnight for best result. *Chef’s Tip: Leftover ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
6. When ready to serve, split the bananas down the centre, creating 4 halves. *Chef’s Tip: If preferred, caramelize the banana halves in a non-stick pan with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until the bananas are golden and sticky.
7. To serve, garnish each chocolate egg with a banana halve, sprinkle over the remaining Astro’s and drizzle with the store-bought chocolate sauce, if using. Serve each immediately with a mint leaf and ENJOY!