Learn how to make the easiest butter cookies with only 3 ingredients that you already have. These butter cookies are so delicious and they melt in your mouth! This recipe is super easy and anyone can make it at home.
Makes about 25 cookies
1 cup (230g) Butter, softened
2 cups (250g) Flour
2/3 cup (85g) Powdered sugar
Sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour and mix until combined. If the dough is too soft, add 2-3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 ways to shape the cookies:
A. Shape the dough into a disk form, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Then, roll out the dough into 1/4-inch (1/2cm) thick. Then, cut into desired shape (hearts, round, rectangle).
B. Roll the dough into a log shape, wrap it with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes. Then, unwrap and slice the log into 1/4-inch (1/2cm) thick slices.
- Transfer the cookies to the baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- If the cookies are too soft, refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking