This dish is more than just a mouth-watering and colorful bowl with buckwheat noodles. Tender chicken pieces, carrot, squash and bell pepper fried in a fast way in heated pan and a sauce made of simple ingredients make this dish perfect and all the more you will need just 20-25 minutes for cooking.
• chicken thighs fillet – 7 oz / 200 g
• soba noodles – 5 oz / 150 g
• onion – 4 oz / 100 g
• zucchini – 4 oz / 100 g
• bell pepper – 4 oz / 100 g
• carrot – 3 oz / 70 g
• green onion – 2 stalks
• garlic – 2 cloves
• classic soy sauce – 5 tbsp
• vegetable oil – 2,5 tbsp
• rice vinegar – 1 tbsp
• sugar – 1 tbsp
• sesame seeds – 2 tsp
• sesame oil – 1 tsp
• ground black pepper – ½ tsp
• salt – ½ tsp
• ground ginger – ⅓ tsp
• chili sauce – to taste
• water – 4 pt / 2 l
You will need:
• pan or wok
• carving board
• bowl for sauce mixing
1. Cut the bulb onion into feathers or half rings, carrot into large strips, squash and bell pepper into bars 1 cm thick, chicken fillet into ¼ in / 1 cm thick strips.
2. Cook the buckwheat noodles in boiling and lightly salted water as indicated on packaging. Drain the water as soon as cooked.
3. In a gravy boat or small bowl mix well the soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili sauce and sugar.
4. Heat the pan with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil over high heat and fry the chicken stirring for 4 minutes over high heat.
5. Take out the fried chicken into the bowl.
6. Add 1½ tbsp of vegetable oil and squash into the pan and fry stirring for 2 minutes over high heat.
7. Add the carrot and keep frying for a minute more stirring.
8. Add then the bulb onion and fry stirring for a minute over high heat.
9. Add the bell pepper and fry all the vegetables for 2 minutes more over high heat keeping stirring.
10. Add the chopped up garlic, ground black pepper and ground ginger, stir well while frying for a minute over high heat.
11. Then pour the prepared sauce into the pan, stir, reduce the heat to low, add the chicken and stir well.
12. Add the noodles and stir, add the cut green onion, roasted sesame seeds, sesame oil, stir all the ingredients well and switch off the stove.
13. Serve your soba noodles with chicken and vegetables hot as main dish or cooled as salad.